New York City Electroacoustic Music Festival 2017 (NYCEMF)
The 2017 festival presents 28 concerts in two distinct dates and venues:
21 concerts at the Abrons Arts Center on June 19-25
Three concerts will be presented each day, at 1 PM, 4 PM and 8 PM. Tickets cost $20 each, or $30 to attend all concerts on a given day. Click here to purchase tickets at the Abrons Arts Center. The Abrons Center concerts include:
- Three all video concerts [concerts 4, 7 and 13] in the Underground Theater
- Four concerts in the 16-channel sound localization hall [concerts 1, 11, 17, 19]
- Three special curated concerts [concerts 4, 10 and 16]
- 14 concerts in the Playhouse featuring live performances, video and fixed media
- Six free sound installations.
7 concerts at National Sawdust on July 14-16
The National Sawdust concerts include:
- Two special curated concerts.
- Two afternoon concerts, including one dedicated to “peace and social justice”.
- Three evening concerts.
The festival will present 300 works by composers from 31 countries spanning five continents. For a complete list of works played, click here.
The festival will also include five presentations about electroacoustic music. These will take place at New York University, Steinhardt building, 35 West 4th Street, room 303.